Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:

Sam Ruby wrote:

Klaas-Jan Stol wrote:

Hello,

I just got a fresh cvs checkout, compiled it, compiled pge and tried to make tcl.
This is what I get:

(cd ../../ && ./parrot --output=languages/tcl/lib/tcllib.pbc languages/tcl/lib/tcllib.imc)
Couldn't load 'tcl_group': tcl_group: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try rebuilding after you issue the following from your top level parrot directory:

  perl Configure.pl --prefix=`pwd`

- Sam Ruby

thanks, that worked! (what does this "--prefix='pwd' " do?) dynoplibs still doesn't work, however. is this correct?

Ultimately, when Parrot is released and someone installs it, shared libraries will go into a place like /usr/local/lib. So, by default, that's where Parrot is looking for tcl_group.

However, you aren't installing it, or copying these shared libraries. Instead you want Parrot to look *here*. That's where prefix comes in. Configure.pl saves your prefix in src/parrot_config.h where it is used to construct paths used at runtime.

`pwd` simply is your current working directory.

Sorry, I don't know anything about dynopslibs.

- Sam Ruby