Howdy... Sorry for ad hoc reply, i wasn't subscribed to the list
before this.

I've started prelimenary work on Test::Harness::Daemon, which is
supposed to let you make various clients to testing. Some will
report, others will schedule, some will do both.

My plan was to write a client that starts by running tests, and then
using FAM or whatever devious magick is needed to see what files the
perl process for the test accessed for reading.

Then, the client would use FAM to keep monitoring all those files
for changes, and once a file changes, the tests which are associated
with it are rerun.

Then, in a sepratate, reporting client, growl would pop up a little
bezel every time a test started failing or started passing.

The fact that FAM is not available on OSX, and that I didn't read up
on how to monitor what's being read by a file (maybe kqueue directly
can help?) has so far been my main reason for delays.

I would like to implement a simple network transport based on a
subset of Class::Publisher to provide sane client/server interaction
between the test daemon and it's clients.

What do you think?

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me dodges cabbages like macalypse log N: neeyah!