Sam Ruby wrote:

Developers could declare such a dependency with a IMCC macro, something like this:

.lib python_group

That could be

    .class_mapping "Py", "python_group"

OTOH when the classes are built in dynclasses, we can as well hard-code the entries. We'll see.

This would enable JITs to convert the above new opcode into the equivalent "new Px, Ic" variety in many cases.

That code is already written ;) Well, the real JIT (Just in time) system in Parrot is predereferencing and used by the switch and CGP run cores. These cores are replacing (after an initial lookup) the opcode already. I'll check it in tomorrow.
JIT will eventually call one of these cores and have the same benefit.

Cool, thanks!

Welcome.

- Sam Ruby

leo