On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 09:49:32PM +0200, Markus Laire wrote:
> Here are 700 tests for pge, autoconverted from 're_tests' file, from
> perl5 source.
>
> If there are any significant errors in these tests, please tell, and I
> can correct the script. Original perl5-tests are in comments so it's
> quite easy to see if there has been an error in converting.

I'm getting errors from the test script itself, there are lines such as

# 65: ^ abc     y       $&
p6rule_like('abc', '^', qr/0: <\Q\E @/, 're_tests 35/$0 (#35)');
# 66: $ abc     y       $&
p6rule_like('abc', '$', qr/0: <\Q\E @/, 're_tests 36/$0 (#36)');

which cause my test script to produce...

$ perl t/harness t/p6rules/re_tests.t
t/p6rules/re_tests....syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 106, near "0:
<\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 108, near "0: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 236, near "1: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 253, near "1: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 321, near "0: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 354, near "1: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 428, near "1: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 432, near "2: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 444, near "2: <\Q\E @"
syntax error at t/p6rules/re_tests.t line 579, near "0: <\Q\E @"
t/p6rules/re_tests.t has too many errors.

I suppose the problem could be with my perl installation (5.8.0, RH9)

Also, the PGE test harness itself isn't sacred -- if there are functions
or other features we could add to make this sort of testing easier, I'm
all for it.

Pm