At 10:56 AM +0100 12/21/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Dan Sugalski (via RT) wrote:

You'll note that N5 is set to 22253 when the returncc's done, but after the return the value is -21814.6. Looks like something's stomping the N registers.

The program below shows exactly the same behavior WRT __set_number_native. The call comes from inside of the mmd_fallback function, so I presume that in the part before the shown trace you are having some kind of mathematical operation that leads to the change in N5.

Yep, that's it. Going back a page or so I see this is triggered by some math, and I assume that something's not preserving the N registers as part of the dispatch in there somewhere. I'll see about poking around the code and tracking it down tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk