Moin,

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 18:32, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 04:53:18PM +0100, Tels wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 December 2004 08:53, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > > I've gotten absolutely no response about Test::Legacy.  Is anybody
> > > using it?  Anybody tried migrating old Test.pm based tests with it?
> >
> > I am converting my old tests directly to Test::More (Test::legacy wasn't
> > available before so :)
> >
> > Currently I do not plan to do this - the old tests either work (never fix
> > what is working) or they don't (seldom), at which point I would convert
> > them to Test::More.
>
> There's no "I want to add a new test to this test file that uses Test.pm
> and it would be nice if I could use Test::Foo" case?

Depending on the size of the testfile and my mood to change, I either
grudgingly add another ok() (if the "test-cases" aren't in the data section
anyway), or convert it to Test::More straightaway.

Granted, that was what I did before Test::Legacy, which seems to have gone
from a wild idea to some working stage while I was not looking :)

So, what would the benefit of using Test::Legacy? Reading the pod I do not see
for me why I should use it, because I only ever used Test.pm, or Test::More
and never both of them in the same test script.

(I try to keep my tests simple so that even people like me in 3 months
understand them :)

Yes, I could go all nillywilly :) and change every "use Test;" to "use
Test::Legacy;" but as I said, don't fix what aint borkened. Of course, unless
you tell me that "use Test;" _is_ broken and one should replace it :o) I am
really open-minded about this. Maybe there are problems which I simple
haven't noticed yet - my experience is quite limited.

Afterthought:

Oooh, you mean I change:

        use Test;

to:

        use Test::Legacy;
        use Test::More;

and slap an is() a the end? Wow, that would be nifty. You should mention this
in the docs!

I do think that I still would convert the tests eventually to Test::More, but
for the more huge test files that would be a nice intermidiate solution..

Best wishes,

Tels

- --
 Signed on Tue Dec 21 17:53:08 2004 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone." --
 Unknown