On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 09:45:13AM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Looking at t/live/follow.t shows that it wants to follow a link using
>
>    text_regex => qr/Business.Solutions/i
>
> but currently there is no such link on Google.
> At least when *I* try to access Google with a browser I
> don't see such a link.

I do see such a link but its possible Google is showing you a different
page because you're coming from .il.

> This brings me to the question, or two:
>
> Should any of the module installation processes access web sites ?
> If yes, is that OK to that without asking the user first ?

If the implication here is that there's some sort of security or politeness
issue, its perfectly ok.  A GET isn't going to hurt you.

> Should it be a public site such as Google that can change and cause the
> tests fail or should it be a private site or at least a more static one.
> (E.g www.cpan.org ?)

Static is better where static is needed.  cpan.org is a good suggestion.
If the author has reliable hosting available putting up their own page
is good, too.  Shipping the code with a small HTTP daemon is even better.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
I know you get this a lot, but you're breathtaking, like a vision of