Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> ops/io.ops: In function `Parrot_tell_i_i_p':
>> ops/io.ops:507: warning: right shift count >= width of type

> I suspect that it means that your PIOOFF_T is exactly 32 bits

$ find include -name '*.h' | xargs grep PIOOFF_T
include/parrot/io.h:typedef Parrot_OFF_T PIOOFF_T;
include/parrot/io.h:typedef off_t PIOOFF_T;
include/parrot/io.h:typedef long PIOOFF_T;

The different typedefs are used depending on some OS defines, which
obviously isn't enough.

We need a test that checks the sizeof(off_t) and if the size is 32 bits,
we shouldn't do the shift by 32, but set the high word to 0.

> Nicholas Clark

Patches welcome,
leo