Peter Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'll check out the build scripts and see what flags will do to compile
> the t/src/*.c and put them in. Further, I'll try to determine good
> values for --cflags, --include, etc. from the Makefile.

Ok. Can you move the build script to F<build_tools> and provide another
patch with the mentioned shortcuts.

Thanks.

> ... different set of values (in $(EXEC_PREFIX)/bin, $(EXEC_PREFIX)/lib
> $(EXEC_PREFIX)/include for example). I suppose one could have a
> parrot-config during `make' and leave it in the build directory and then
> if someone `make install'ed generate another version and copy it into
> $(EXEC_PREFIX)/bin. No?

Yep. We have that problem already with runtime paths. My proposal was to
initially set these paths to build paths and during "make install" redo the
relevant build steps with these paths set to actual installed paths.

> Best,Pete

leo