Leif Eriksen wrote:
I'd guess it is because you are seeing the output of the code after it has been compiled-then-decompiled - it is compiled so it can run and coverage statistics can be collected, then it is decompiled to relate coverage stats to code lines. Now there are many ways to write code that compiles to the same compiled form, but the decompiler (I imagine it is B::Deparse) only decompiles those symbols one way.

Apparently so. I got similar results incorporating my other sample of the problem ( '!' printing out as 'not' in the branch.html file) into your 2 little scripts. Thank you very much.

jimk