On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:02:16 -0800, via RT Matt Diephouse
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Matt Diephouse
> # Please include the string:  [perl #33171]
>
> Reading past the EOF in PIR results in the following error:
>
>    File not found
>            in file '(unknown file)' near line -1
>
> That's less than helpful. Or at least less helpful than it could be. A
> better error would be really nice.

The attached patch changes the error to:

    Cannot read line from empty filehandle

I hope that's truthful in all circumstances.

It also changes the function used to raise the exception from
real_exception to internal_exception (in order to avoid "in file
'(unknown file)' near line -1"). I'm not sure if that's right, but I
didn't know where to look on the subject.

--
matt diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com