Ron Blaschke writes:
Should I file bug reports for every different looking problem, and
start looking for what's going wrong?

Yes please. email to parrotbug at parrotcode.org for each new issue.

On a personal note, I (still) really like to help in win32, though it's quite hard for me to get a grip on this collaboration thingy.

*looks around* Apparently, you're not the only one. =-)

I am not sure what things are known (expected?) to broken,

Check RT: http://rt.perl.org/rt3/NoAuth/parrot/Overview.html has a list of tickets broken out by platform, including "mswin32" and "Win32" (no clue why those are different). See also PLATFORMS and README.win32 in the top level of the distro.

or who else
is already working on which problem (avoid racing for patches, or
patching something someone is already working on).

In general, I don't think we have anyone working actively on win32 issues. If you wish to claim a ticket in RT, we can get you access. Do you have a perl.org account? In the meantime, simply post a followup to the ticket that you're looking into it.

I guess I am
asking for a gentle push in the right direction here, to bring
me up to speed.

I would recommend going through all the old tickets in RT and seeing which of them are still relevant. Cleaning out the cruft will allow us to focus on the remaining items that are actually issues.

Also, any updates you may have to README.win32 as you move forward would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.