Hi Autrijus,

> (Resend, this time cc'ing perl6-compilers with the correct address.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is having problems right now... the spammers are winning.

> Hey Scott.  I have yet to read your "Perl 6 Now!" book (a friend will
> bring it to Taiwan next month), but I've just discovered the wealth
> of example code that is http://perl6now.com/1590593952-1/.

Does anyone want a copy of this book? Email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
carbon copy [EMAIL PROTECTED] I've been meaning to email certain people
individually offering, but... well, it has something to do with I more feel
like I laid an egg than wrote a book.

> Is it possible for me to include part of them into the Pugs distribution
> as unit tests under the t/ directory, under the Perl license?  As Pugs's
> test harness has just been checked in, your code snippets should provide
> an excellent ground to test the interpreter with.

Yes, but I think there might be a communication error... _Perl 6 Now:
The Core Ideas Illustrated with Perl 5_ is full of Perl 5, not Perl 6.
Any Perl 6 examples are trivial and only minimal effort was made to make
sure they were current or even correct. So I'm not sure the small amounts
of Perl 6 in there will be useful to you.

However, if you want to use anything in there, the code examples are public
domain per point 7 of the readme at http://perl6now.com/1590593952-1/README.txt

There's a lot of confusion about what _Perl 6 Now_ is, so please pardon me here
for me a moment... it tries to introduce some of the ideas going into Perl 6.
The introduction is for people who haven't had exposure to basic ideas
previously. This includes people who have worked only with Perl, or who have
worked only with object-oriented and procedural languages. It uses Perl 5
modules to introduce these spiffy, alien (to traditional Perl) ideas. It
doesn't try to introduce Perl 6's syntax because _Perl 6 and Parrot Essentials_
already does this, and it does a better job than I could do. It's my hope the
two complement each other well. http://perl6now.com has the whole frontmatter
on-line (including the introduction), by the way. That better explains what
I've tried to do.

I've been following development of Pugs with some astonisment. I've
unfortunately been hellishly busy tending to neglected clients (and trying
to recruit new clients!) after writing this sucker or I'd have Pugs and Haskell
downloaded and running. I still have an ambition to target the Perl 5 "B" VM
as a backend for the Perl 6 language (after all, Perl 5 runs a heck of a
lot of different places and the VM is extremely high-level) but it's clear
I should use Pugs instead of that other grammar. Until I heard about Pugs
I thought my detour was going to be... well, I don't want to talk about it,
but it involved Perl6::Rules, chickens, and very confused shoppers.

Best regards,
-scott