> Hm, that does seem valuable.  Should all test modules report their
> versions by default, though?

well, my thought was that it was more important to list the source of the
comparison operators the user uses (like is() or eq_array()) than it was the
internal stuff that, say, interfaces with Test::Harness.  but if they are so
intertwined it might be difficult to separate them like that.

since Test-Simple is the top-level distribution and account for so much, I'd
settle for just reporting that if I had to :)

>  Should they respect a verbose flag
> somewhere instead?

both the examples I gave respect TEST_VERBOSE.

> Test::Builder could report it for them automatically, if the answer to
> at least one question is yes.

that would be nice :)

--Geoff