Andy Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Is it ok for a CPAN module to use other modules from CPAN only for the
>> test scripts (e.g. "Text::Diff")?
>
> Yes.  See http://phalanx.kwiki.org/index.cgi?StandardDotTFiles for
> examples of .t files that only run if a certain module is installed.

Hmm. I don't think that's the problem Steffen has in mind. The
indicated approach works fine for additional tests, but what if your
primary functionality tests require some huge, ugly, non-standard
modules? Or would be much easier to implement with these modules?

I've been in a similar situation with some of my modules that
require a big amount of test data for verification. While the module
package was some 30Kb, including the test data would increase the size
to megabytes.

-- Johan