On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 10:38:04PM +1100, Damian Conway wrote:
> >So, even if the clash is Num vs Str context, we still run it
> >under List context?  Or is it their common ancestor, "Scalar"?
>
> Yes. When I said "indeterminate contexts" I meant List vs Scalar. After
> all, the whole point of multimethods is to cope polymorphically with
> Num-vs-Str type clashes.

In that case, and in light of the "a Pair can always pretend to be
a very small hash", is it possible that a Scalar is a List, similar
to how Array and Hash are both Lists?

    List -- Hash
         -- Array
         -- Scalar

That way the "most common ancestor" rule can be applied without
exceptions.  Am I on crack here? :)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/