I have just committed the first Perl 6 port of Locale::KeyedText within the Pugs distro, as was the recommended course of action in contrast to releasing to CPAN. This is the very first normal and non-core CPAN module to be translated to Perl 6, afaik.

This module is identical to its Perl 5 counterpart except for the Perl code translation (and a copyright change); the POD is the same except that all the code samples were ported.

It is located under /modules, which is where non-core stuff goes now. You are all free to go have a look.

I have not tried to execute the code, since Pugs is known to not support some of the features it uses, such as classes/methods and simple "rules". However, this module can be used for integration tests once Pugs is sufficiently updated.

My port has some known bugs in it. Some bits I hadn't figured out the Perl 6 equivalent of, so they are still in Perl 5.

I will research and fix the bugs over time. Or anyone else with Pugs commit privileges is free to do so.

Have a good day. -- Darren Duncan

P.S. The test suite for the Perl 5 version was not translated; this will be done later around when Pugs supports the necessary features to execute it.