On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:26:09AM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Strangely all the tests ( well pyclass pycomplex and pyfunc so far )
> >pass on freebsd but do so
> > very very slowly and parrot is eating memory like there is no tomorrow.
> >Gets above 300meg during
> > each of the tests.
>
> That's really strange. During make test top shows around 5 Meg for
> parrot here on my linux box.
>
> leo

Probably should have tried this earlier but I have a little too
much faith in compilers. When I use gcc-2.95 it works(well all
tests pass) and memory is ok. With gcc-3.3 the tests fail
and memory usage is way up. The freebsd gcc is also 3.3.3 so the
problem doesn't seem to be debian/linux/bsd related but instead
a compiler issue.

--
Our goal is to continually integrate world-class opportunities to allow
us to synergistically network interdependent methods of empowerment to