theUser BL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But I see two problems:

> 1. the license

I can't comment on that, IANAL.

> 2. Parrot is written by Perl-people for Perl

No, definitely not. I'm for example just an occasional Perl user.

> I think it would be better, if there existing a group of 2 Perl people, 2
> Python people and 2 Ruby people or so, which disigned _together_ a VM for
> scripting languages and then support all this VM.

Great. Folks come in and join us. That'll be great.

> So it would be a thought, to rewrite Parrot

There's really no demand to rewrite Parrot. It's not at all in anyway
Perl-specific.

> I have red, that you create yourself a Python for Parrot. But that wille be
> not more supported by the Python-people like IronPython or Jython I think.
> It would be better to working with the Python and Ruby people together. And
> letting Parrot independent of any language.

Parrot *is* language independent. Just the 2 Python or Ruby people are
still missing :)

> Do you know, if people of the other scripting languages working on Parrot,
> too?

Several. There's languages/m4 and languages/tcl in the Parrot tree. But
more is happening in the background.

> And do you know, if any Python or Ruby will be in the future running on
> Parrot?

I'm pretty sure that Python will run in the forseeable future. I don't
know, if someone is working on Ruby for Parrot.

> Greatings
> theuserbl

leo