How does one call a PIR-defined sub from C?

My current best guess is, to invoke the PIR sub "Tcl::Joe":

     PMC *invokeme;
     STRING *Tcl,*joe;
     Tcl = string_from_const_cstring(INTERP, "Tcl", 3);
     joe = string_from_const_cstring(INTERP, "joe", 3);
     invokeme = Parrot_find_global(INTERP, Tcl, joe);
     VTABLE_invoke(INTERP,invokeme,????);

But I don't know what to put as the argument for "next" to VTABLE_invoke - I see some items in
dynclasses/*.pmc use the string "next", the code seems to allow for NULL - neither of them seem to
actually invoke my method. (a .sub with a single "print" statement)

Do I need to be setting up the calling conventions in my calling code? Is there some other step I'm missing? Is this already documented somewhere?