Aaron Sherman skribis 2005-03-15 11:46 (-0500):
>       = heading level 1
>       == heading level 2
>       =begin list

I see this going wrong with =heading level 1 already. I like the numbers
in =headN too, by the way, as it makes inconsistencies easier to spot.

> And then replaced [...] and [=...] and /.../ and *...* with their more
> POD-like: L[...], C[...], I[...] and B[...] with a bare [foo] working as
> a "I have no idea what I'm linking to, but do the right thing" sort of
> wikiness, where L[...] is a more structured, POD-like link. For example:

L[] C[] I[] B[] are all hard to read. With <>, the weight is evenly
distributed, while with [], the weight is on the outside, next to that
capital letter that is just as large.

Visual comparison:

    L[] C[] I[] B[]  # I is worst
    L<> C<> I<> B<>

So if [] is going to be used, may I suggest using lc letters with it
then?

    l[] c[] i[] b[]
    L[] C[] I[] B[]
    L<> C<> I<> B<>

Still not great, but better IMO. Why are <> bad, by the way? Can't we
just change the meaning to be qq-like, that is: with nested content?
That means only for non-unicode >><< you need extra angle brackets.

Or maybe we introduce [] as an alternative for <>.

Also, how is [EMAIL PROTECTED] parsed?  # I find this very hard to parse,
                                   # visually

Likewise, %?INC{something}?

Two possible sources of inspiration for the whole documentation thing:

* Text::MetaMarkup
  * Paragraphs CAN begin with a block level html tag, "h1: heading"
  * Inline HTML tags can be used as "{b:bold}"
  * Paragraph starting with * is a list
  * Paragraph starting with # is comment
  * Verbatim paragraphs simply start with "pre:"
  * No support for tables yet

* PodTables
  * See http://pugs.kwiki.org/?PodTables

Juerd