Would this be a good time to ask for explanation for C<str> being
never Unicode, while C<Str> is always Unicode, thus leading to an
inability to box a non-Unicode string?

And might I also ask why in Perl 6 (if not Parrot) there seems to be
no type support for strings with known encodings which are not subsets
of Unicode?

If the explanations are "you have greatly misunderstood the contents
of Synopsis $foo", I will happily retire to my reading room.
--
Chip Salzenberg            - a.k.a. -            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "What I cannot create, I do not understand." - Richard Feynman