Larry Wall skribis 2005-03-29  9:27 (-0800):
> and write _.method, which is of dubious merit.  Or we could use `<>,
> `[], `(), and `method if we don't use ` for qx.  I daresay `method
> would probably be used more than qx for many styles of programming.

Hey, look at that, backticks again :)

If the community rejected %hash`key because it was "ugly" (I still
disagree), then will it accept `keys to mean $_.keys? And doesn't
consistency want %hash`keys to be as valid as %hash.keys, then? That's
dangerously close to %hash`key, even though it means something else.

Hmm... (Someone translate this for me, please :))

> There will certainly be a single topic.  The only question is whether .
> will ever default to it.

Any defaulting to a variable that isn't $_ practically introduces a
2nd/Nth topic, even if it isn't officially called topic.

Juerd