Am Donnerstag, 14. April 2005 09:04 schrieb Leopold Toetsch via RT:
> Lambeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Configure.pl failed to find the GNU Math Lib (GMP) on my system
> > eventhough it is installed properly (version 4.1.4) .
> > I compiled  config/auto/gmp/gmp.in by hand and it returned:
> > 499999500000 1 but expected was:
> > 499999500000 0
> >
> > Everything seems to be right, except that mpz_fits_slong_p(k) returned
> > "1" instead of "0". Could not find anything usefull to explain what it
> > means. I am on amd64 running Linux.
>
>           ^^^^^
>
> Yeah. The test is bogus for 64-bit systems. The tested number fits
> within a 64-bit long. Could you please patch gmp.in and gmp.pl to use
> some bigger numbers > 64 bit.

Why do you test for that after all ?
I never used gmp - it came up when I noticed that the config failed. gmp
provides a test suite to test all this. Of course you can expect the user did
not run it but why write your own tests if there are already tests?

I would only check if gmp is installed and that`s it. If the user did not run
make check (strongly advised on the gmp website) then that should not be the
problem of parrot.

Anything against this standpoint ?

Adrian Lambeck