On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 19:31 -0400, Michael Graham wrote:

> I'm not suggesting that end users be forced to *run* your development
> tests.  Just that the tests be included in your CPAN package.  Ideally,
> the install process can be made smart enough to skip this kind of test.

"Shipping tests but not running them" is a sign of kwalitee?  "Some file
somewhere mentions POD::Coverage" is a sign of kwalitee?  "Shipping
useless code" is a sign of kwalitee?

I'm about halfway ready to propose 'has_indentation' as a kwalitee
metric.

> If someone were to take over maintenance of your module, or they were
> to fork it, or they were submitting patches to you, then they would
> want these tools and tests, right?  How would they get them?

I think this is a discussion completely separate from CPANTS' kwalitee
metrics.

Besides, if someone wants to run test or documentation coverage checks
against any of my modules, he or she ought to be able to copy and paste
the SYNOPSIS output to the appropriate test files, if not ask me for
them outright.

-- c