On 19 Apr 2005, at 11:40, David Cantrell wrote:
[snip]
The script that generates it doesn't change. The data that it mangles into a module is the bit that changes.

Can you add a version number to the data?

So I'll take the suggestion of putting YYYYMMDD into a version number. But then wasn't there some issue with CPAN.pm not liking very long version numbers, after Randal went and did his silly automagic daily module stunt?

I guess you could do something like Y.YYYMMDD - I can't see that causing problems.

If I couldn't add a version number to the data I'd probably rip out the revision number of the last change of that file from subversion (or whatever your local SCM is).

Adrian