Now that we're using SVN,

Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Some outdated files:
>
>    lib/Parrot/PackFile/*
>    lib/Parrot/PackFile.pm
>    lib/Parrot/PackFile2.*
>
> what is:
>
>    lib/Parrot/String.pm  old packfile code?
>    lib/Parrot/Types.pm   same?
>    lib/Parrot/Key.pm     same?

All the above files appear to be remnants of disassemble.pl, which was
deleted in the repository 20 months ago. grep'ing the repository
turned up no additional references (`grep -r 'Parrot::Packfile'
parrot/ | perl -ne 'print if !/.svn/'`). These should be able to be
removed.

> Do we still need:
>
>    lib/Parrot/PMC.pm

Yes. This is an autogenerated file used both for the PMC compiler and
for testing purposes.

>    lib/Parrot/Makefile.PL

This is the Makefile for lib/Parrot/Pakfile2.pm (and
lib/Parrot/Pakfile2.xs), which is not referenced anywhere. I think all
3 of these files can be removed.

> and what about the
>
>    chartypes
>
> directory, seems to be created in lib/Parrot/Distribution.pm

This appears to be a remnant of the long distant past (pre ICU).
There's only one file that mentions it outside of
lib/Parrot/Distribution.pm, and that's the ChangeLog, which lists
several files in the chartypes/ directory from the days of simon.

> Already discussed:
>
>    classes/pmc2c.pl       old PMC compiler

Already removed.

>    classes/pmcarray.pmc   wrapper for PerlArray

I'm not sure what was discussed here.

--
matt diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com