On 5/12/05, Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jerry Gay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > i'm converting many of the remaining internal_exception() calls to
> > real_exception() (except unimplemented ops, and other valid internal
> > exceptions)
>
> Fine, thanks - applied.
>
> Just curious: what's the difference between these two:
>
>            E_IndexError,
>             E_IndexOutOfBoundsError,

the difference is very subtle ;)
i had made a somewhat larger list of error categories during my
patching process, then decided to roll some of them back. i missed
this one, so i've patched HEAD now (attached) to convert
E_IndexOutOfBoundsError back to E_IndexError, which is sufficent.

> > before i send a list of patches for various files to the list, i'd
> > like to make sure this first patch is agreeable.
>
> Such patches are welcome. We can't usually just die, almost every error
> should be catchable.
>
> But please keep patches in reasoable size by e.g. converting just a few
> execption types at once.

thanks for the reminder... i'll try to make it as easy for the
committers as i can.

> Thanks,
> leo

~jerry