# New Ticket Created by  Bernhard Schmalhofer
# Please include the string:  [perl #35824]

This was posted on the perl6-internals list by JÃrgen BÃmmels:

> In the current SVN repository are 76 .cvsignore files. In SVN they aren't used
> any more. SVN uses the property 'svn:ignore' on a directory instead.
>
> During the cvs => svn transition the svn:ignore properties were set but in
> the recent weeks they started to diverge. Currently (r8078) 22 .cvsignore
> differ from svn:ignore (see attached cvsignore.diff)

> I think we should remove .cvsignore files entirly.

I noticed that .cvsignore is still used in tool/dev/manicheck.pl and Autrius
Tang suggested
to use 'svn propget svn:ignore' or 'svk propget svn:ignore'.

So that's the plan:

i. Migrate the changes in .cvsignore file into the svn:ignore property
ii. Tell manicheck.pl to query the SVN properties
iii. remove the .cvsignore files