Damian Conway wrote:
Now, personally, I would like to see a short-cut for *both* types of
method call,...

Looks like this syntax is now .method and ./method plus the private counterpart .:method.

If I have .foo() as $_.foo(), then I can get unary method call on
invocant very easily, even if methods don't topicalize their invocant.

    method bar ($_:) {
        .foo();
    }

Ahh, does this mean that the auto-aliasing is ditched? I personally regard $_ as a bit too volatile and if it is a rw binding it's outright dangerous to not have access to $?SELF after some topicalizing statement! Or am I missing something? I mean are all topicalizers properly temping $_? How is that enforced in non-standard code?

BTW, is $_ more a global variable with lexical overriding or an
always passed implicit argument to blocks? E.g. all methods get
an implicit *%_ or was that for submethods only?
--
TSa (Thomas Sandlaß)