At 1:15 AM +0800 5/21/05, Autrijus Tang wrote:
On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 12:53:15AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
 Yeah, I bumped against that too.  You need to look at the "strstart"
 field in the ParrotString struct.

 In Haskell I use:

peekCString =<< #{peek STRING, strstart} s5

Actually, never mind; string_to_cstring is the way to go.

Well, mostly. string->cstring conversion is potentially lossy, if for no other reason than embedded nulls will get in your way. I see we're not exposing anything to do that, though, which we ought to fix.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk