# New Ticket Created by  Andy Dougherty
# Please include the string:  [perl #36269]

As discussed in
    http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.internals/29984
a parrot configured with    Configure.pl --optimize  dumps
core with a bus alignment error on second line in the following simple
program

    set     N0, 42.0
    set     N1, N0
    print   N1
    print   "\n"
    end

on SPARC.  On SPARC, doubles should be aligned on 8-bit boundaries.
The speculation is that the _num_val part of the UnionVal in the PMC
ends up unaligned.  However, I couldn't follow where that happened, so I
can't suggest a patch.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]