Michael G Schwern wrote:

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 03:59:23PM -0400, James E Keenan wrote:

I've only developed in 5.6+ environments. Can anyone provide a link to what I would have to do to make my modules compatible with 5.4 and/or 5.5?

Step one:  Install 5.4.5 and 5.5.4.

Step two:  Try out your module with them.

Step three:  Curse, scream and yell as you work around all sorts of long
fixed bugs.

[snip]

qr// is the only thing I really miss.

After spending/wasting a couple of hours trying to do regex tests with just 'ok', I agree.

I think I'll try to make the .pm files pre-5.6 compatible, but write all the tests for the modern era and just use SKIP blocks that require 5.6.

jimk