Michael G Schwern writes:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:45:35AM +0000, Smylers wrote:
>
> > A good way of putting assumptions into code is with (Michael's
> > excellent) Carp::Assert:
> >
> >   assert $p || $q, 'Either $p or $q must be supplied' if DEBUG;
> >
> While I get where you're going, I don't see how this could be made to
> work.

Fair enough; I'm prepared to believe you on that.

> What, exactly, is Devel::Cover supposed to do with those assert
> statements?

I've no idea how Devel::Cover cover manages to do what it does.  I
suppose I must've been thinking something along the lines of if it can
react to a specially formatted comment (urgh!) then it can react to an
assert statement.

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.