On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 07:04:24AM -0700, Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon wrote:
: On 21/07/05, Adriano Ferreira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: > But is there any other case where we need an explicit tail call with "goto"?
:
: When the callee uses `caller

Which we may not know, especially if we're tail-calling into something that
hasn't been compiled yet.  But I think the default should be to assume that
the callee doesn't use caller, and then maybe have some trait or pragma that
overrides that default if we want to pessimize.  In any event, many uses
of caller probably want to skip the middleman anyway, and even more uses
of "want".

It's the debugger that wishes the tail-call optimization didn't exist...

Larry