On Jul 24, 2005, at 4:17, Will Coleda via RT wrote:

puts \u30b3\u30fc\u30d2\u30fc

has worked for some time now; the [string] subcommands are documented as not working as
part of the tcl language suite testing.

If this mail is regarding a tcl TODO then please just make a note to yourself in languages/tcl/TODO.

If this mail is parrot related, then please provide a small test program that describes the possible failure or shortcoming of parrot. WRT string escapes in Parrot: these are documented, tested, and working and \u is one of these escapes.

If we find any parrot-specific issues blocking us from implementation, we'll open another
ticket. Danke.

Have you considered providing a patch too?

Thanks,
leo