Kevin Tew wrote:

> Point well taken, I've been leaning back between, rewrite and evolving
> your work.
> I have a current change set that is passing most of your original tests
> that are in t/dynclasses/py*.t
> It is more of an evolution than a rewrite, which I favor.
> Some test fail due to remaining uunimplemented features in
> leo-cxt5(default args), or my lack of understanding.
> But a lot of the tests pass.

Take a look at the following:

  Python 2.4.1 (#2, Mar 30 2005, 21:51:10)
  [GCC 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-8ubuntu2)] on linux2
  >>> def f(a,b=1,c=2):
  ...   pass
  >>> f.func_defaults
  (1, 2)

In December, this was fully implemented and tested.  In pirate.py,
search for

 self.append("setprop %s, 'func_defaults', %s" % (ref, defaults))

and search for func_defaults in pyfunc.pmc, pyboundcall.pmc, and
pybuiltin.pmc.

Finally, take a look at the third test in
parrot/languages/python/t/basic/func.t

- Sam Ruby