On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 12:12:18PM -0700, Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT wrote:
> 't/doc/pod.t' also make a lot of sense. However could you comment on the
> relation to t/perl/Parrot_Docs.t ? It looks like it checks the same
> things as 'pod.t'.
> I wonder whether it is worthwile to maintain Parrot::Docs, when the
> needed functionality is already at CPAN.

I completely missed the fact that Parrot_Docs.t even existed, DOH!
Although, it looks like there would be no duplication of testing.  The
pod.t file I submitted searches through the entire parrot tree and test
the format of the all Pod containing files.  While Parrot_Docs.t
contains regression tests for the Parrot::Docs::* collection of modules.

As to whether or not it's worth the effort to maintain the in tree pod
checking modules, I'd say that boils down to: Is Pod::Simple (used by
Test::Pod) as or more rigorous than the checking done by
Parrot::Docs::File.  Perhaps Sean Burke can take a look at the code and
comment?

Cheers,

-J