I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'm at the end of my
rope here.

I've been working with the ExtUtils::ModuleMaker author with some
beta-testing of new releases.

(part of `uname -a`)
FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE

( relevant perl -v )
This is perl, v5.6.1 built for i386-freebsd

I've just run the basics ...

> perl Makefile.pl
> make test VERBOSE=>1

But, some of the test fail because the previously installed version of
EU::MM ends up being used in the tests, and not the version in my local
dir (that I'm trying to test)

Example failure output:

# Looks like your test died just after 63.
Can't use string ("Hilton Stallone") as a HASH ref while "strict refs"
in use at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/ExtUtils/ModuleMaker.pm
line 470.

Where the version I'm *trying* to test is in:

/opt/source/perl/ExtUtils-ModuleMaker-0.39_10

(I did post to perlmonks.org looking for advice, but adding -Mblib and
running the individual tests yields the same problems.  I've dumped out
@INC, and the first directory (even when passing in blib ) is still
site_perl/5.6.1 and not something form /opt/source .... )

I'm completely stuck on what would need fixed on my server.

Thanks in advance,

--brian