On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Joshua Gatcomb wrote:

I have mocked up an example of how you could do this in p5 with some ugly
looking code:

You may be interested to know that this has had an echo at

mostly misunderstood in the replies, IMHO. Basically the idea is that not unexpectedly if you want a workaround TIMTWOWTDI already in Perl5. But what is conceptually interesting would be the possibility, In L~R's much better phrasing than mine, of modifying the optree or (P6's equivalent) as the code is running. The only ad-hoc solution given there that is really along these lines is Diotalevi's one at

which -not completely undexpectedly either- made my head hurt... ;-)

Michele