On Oct 15, 2005, at 7:39 AM, Rutger Vos wrote:

Good idea. A fat new O'reilly tome will go some way to capturing mind share for perl6. Gathering ideas wiki-style is also very Web2.0. Perhaps perl6 could be marketed as such, what with the development style - "Perl6, the
first Web2.0 programming language".

I would suggest we avoid trying to link Perl6 with Web2.0 in people's minds, at least at first. One of the uphill battles that I'm really tired of fighting is convincing people that Perl is good for more than CGIs and quick-n-dirty system administration hacks. We don't need to throw fuel on that fire by "nicheing" ourselves right at the start.

--Dks