On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:11:21PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
: What are some best practices here that can be used by anyone faced by
: a similar problem?

My battery's running low, so I just skimmed your article, but
my impression is that this is something that would be handled by
virtualizing all class names within methods to be the version of
the class seen by the actual object rather than the declared class.
This is a behavior that has already been mandated, not just for inner
classes, but any external class referenced by name.  (This applies
only within methods.  Within a class outside the methods, names
are not virtual.)

Larry