On 10/20/05, Steve Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As I mentioned earlier, most programmers in a corporate environment have
> limited access to system settings.

And in those kinds of corporate environments, you're not going to be
working with any code but code written in-house.  Which means that
nobody is going to be using Latin-1, and everyone will be using the
ASCII synonyms.  What's the problem?

Please, just use the ASCII synonyms.  We've argued over the unicodity
of Perl 6 many times; you're certainly not the first with this
concern.  The result every time is: Unicode will be in Perl 6, nobody
is forcing you to use it.

Luke