On 10/24/05, H.Merijn Brand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My only current fear is that I won't live long enough to be able to use
> and
> understand the full richness of what perl6 is going to offer me.
>
> (Oh, and that perl6 will never be able to upgrade my scripts that use
> 'format', but I'm aware of the plan to make that `obsolete' as in: the
> perl526 translator will dump core on those)

Those were not my fears. They are comments and concerns I see made day in
and day out in various online forums over the last 3 years. Juerd's whole
point to collecting these fears was to point out that, by and large, they
are unfounded. Stating that plenty of people find p5's internals very
accessible isn't going to allay the concerns of the people with the fear.
Stating that p5 has never been "just a scripting language" isn't going to
change the perception of those people that hold that opinion.

IIRC, Andy has taken up the Perl6 PR hat. I think Juerd should like be
working with Andy on this one. The rebuttals to these fears needs to be well
thought out and convincing because from my personal experience they are
prevalent.

--
> H.Merijn Brand Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)

Cheers,