On 10/25/05, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 17:27 -0700, Will Coleda wrote:
>
> > Minor nit: when running Configure.pl with --nomanicheck, Configure
> > should report the MANIFEST check as "skipped", not "done".
>
> particle beat me to this one, but *wow* the plugin system for
> configuration is grotty.  Does anyone have a particular attachment to
> it?  Would it be useful to clean it up a little bit, or does it need
> patching or updating very often?

i'd love to see configure updated to use a better plugin system. it's
difficult to extend or maintain without serious knowledge of the magic
it uses. i already know more than i want to about configure, but i'm
still nervous about modifying it.

i've started developing a plugin architecture for $work, so i've been
thinking about plugin engines lately. if you're up for working on a
redesign, i'll gladly pitch in. even if you're looking only to clean
it up, i'd certainly appreciate the effort.

~jerry