On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Darren Duncan wrote:

Not sure if this matter was resolved on a previous discussion, but here goes

Definitely is has been discussed at least once, that I know, for I asked this myself, but from a somewhat more mathematical pov. You can find a copy of my mail here:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.language/17807

What I'm not yet sure about is whether this would be better as something resembling the zip() operator or a hyper-operator.

Definitely it's somthing different from zip() as the latter is more the computational incarnation of the mathematical (category theoretical) concept of a coproduct, whereas the "missing" operator would be that of a product.

Michele
--
* Non ? per te, ? per Mariangela. Le si ? fermato il ciclo.
* Le si ? rotta la bicicletta! Ma che stiamo a fare una tragedia?