  DC> But factoring method implementations out into a subroutines is
  DC> also extremely annoying, because a subroutine doesn't provide the
  DC> internal conveniences that a method does. In particular, it
  DC> doesn't have an invocant and so you can't call $.attrs or
  DC> &.methods. Instead you would have to pass the invocant to the
  DC> subroutine call as an argument and then call accessors and methods
  DC> explicitly through that argument.

  DC> So we need a mechanism that is externally (i.e. from a class
  DC> interface point-of-view) a subroutine, but internally has the
  DC> features of a method (i.e. has an invocant). Since it's externally
  DC> sub-like but internally method-like, we call this useful construct
  DC> a submethod.

so it sounds like to me these are methods private to this class. they
can't found by any other class (via inheritance). so what is the
external sub interface for? we can see the need for private worker
methods and even p5 has a convention of marking such subs with a leading
_.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com