On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, John Williams wrote:

But IMHO the reduction in typing for this relatively minor issue is not
really worth the surprise to newbies at seeing operandless operators.

I don't buy that argument as newbies are already exposed to all sorts of surprises including operandless operators. Including mutating operandless operators. What is s/// after all? Or is there a good reason for an asymmetry between different classes of operators?

Michele
--
=> (But it is impossible to even imagine an operating-system which would
=> not crash before the sun has burned all of its hydrogen, let alone not