James E Keenan wrote:
Rob Bloodgood wrote:
Adam Kennedy wrote:

Doesn't makemaker only like you if you have a single .pm file just in
the root directory?

And otherwise you have to have your lib files actually under lib?

lib/Tree/Splay.pm
lib/Tree/Splay/Node.pm
lib/Tree/Splay/IntRange.pm
t/01_basics.t
t/02_compat.t
Makefile.PL
MANIFEST

[snip]

Well... I don't know if your conjecture is true, but your suggestion
worked like a charm.  Thanks! (and now I'm on my way to reorganize my
other distribution...)

To get the directory and file framework which MakeMaker (and its young cousin, Module::Build) likes to play with, you can use any of a number of Perl extensions on CPAN. I'm now maintaining ExtUtils::ModuleMaker; Ricardo Signes maintains Module::Starter. They'll each save you from these kinds of problems in the future.

The trouble is... I *like* having the files in the root directory. Having them in lib/foo is a real hassle (from a filename tab-completion point of view).

Of course, I don't have any multi-module files, so it seems I've been lucky.

David
--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."