Hi All,

I have been trying to find a way to combine the functionality of
Test::Harness with testing scripts that take a parameter.
Here is my situation: I am trying to test a database configuration for
one specific ID. This ID is essentially part of primary key for several
tables and we would like to make sure that the data in the tables
follows certain rules. Of course, the rules are rather complicated, so
I thought the tests could be written in perl.

Basically, the setup I am considering is as follows:
- There would be a directory of .t files that all test a different part
of the configuration
- All of the .t files would take the ID as an argument, so they could
be executed as
 perl testfile.t SPECIFIC-ID
- I could use Test::Harness to run all these test files, passing the
specific ID in at runtime.

I haven't found a way to do this with Test::Harness or Test::TAP as
they currently are. I was thinking of extending them, overriding as
needed, but ideally I would find an existing package to do this.

Does anyone know if there is an existing testing harness with which you
can pass a parameter to the test files?

thanks,

Michael